Mr. Goldstein is a registered patent lawyer concentrating on the information and communication technologies. He provides for clients:
(1) High-quality patents.
(2) Evaluations of the quality of patents and patent portfolios.
(3) In-house corporate programs to harvest high-quality patents.
(4) Patent pools.
(5) Expert witness statements for trial, or to cross-examine other experts.
- (1) High-quality patents: Larry prepares and prosecutes patent applications, including the full range of activities associated with the patenting process, including:
- (2) Evaluations of the quality of patents and patent portfolios: Defining the quality of specific patents and patent portfolios is often of critical importance to a client. Larry strives to answer the core question, “What is the fundamental value of the patents under review?” Each review is tailored to the specific needs of the client.
- A review may include only claims, or entire patents, or patents plus prosecution history, according to the information needs and cost constraints of the client.
- The product delivered to the client is a simple-to-read-and-use report that highlights both the strengths and weaknesses of the patents under review. The report will be tailored to meet the specific needs of the client.
- Reports may be directed at specific purposes, such as defining the scope of current infringement, or determining whether the claims of the patent are “essential” to a particular technical standard.
- For portfolio studies, the report will also identify and explain the key patents that are the main drivers of value in the portfolio.
- (3) In-house corporate programs to harvest high-quality patents: Larry has extensive experience in creating in-house corporate programs to identify patentable ideas and obtain high-quality patents. All aspects of in-house program may be included, such as:
- Training of employees,
- Creation and functioning of invention review committees,
- Defining patent strategies,
- Drafting applications or managing outside counsel, as requested, and
- Managing portfolios to protect the key technical themes.
- (4) Patent pools: Larry offers a variety of services for group licensing of intellectual property through patent pools or other aggregations, including:
- Evaluation of the essentiality of particular patent claims to implementation of a technical standard,
- Drafting of reports and supporting materials to prove essentiality,
- Creation of a patent evaluation essentiality proceeding, and
- Review of licensing programs for compliance with antitrust rules.
- (5) Expert witness services: Larry has served as a consulting witness in a variety of patent litigations. Larry has particular expertise of issues such as:
- Patent quality, scope of coverage, infringement, and claim validity,
- FRAND licensing terms & conditions,
- Royalties for licensing, including both royalty base and royalty rate,
- Patent essentiality (including review of essentiality studies),
- The ETSI IPR Policy, and
- Very strong expertise in analyzing prepared expert witness statements in preparation for trial and for cross-examination of such expert witnesses.
To Contact Larry M. Goldstein Click Here.